Sunday 14 December 2008

Iphone - White Screen of Death

I was out the other evening with my trusty Iphone and surfing the web in a local pub when suddenly it went completly white.  Aaargh I cried (I actually did cry Aaargh and some other words).  Complete white screen.  What worse I had some incoming call at the same time from another friend so could hear it ringing but couldn't answer.  And my phone doesn't ring that often as it is more a device for mail and web than making calls. Nothing I did made a difference.

I went online that night and couldn't find much information so in the end with some trepidation I hit restore in Itunes.  For my Ipod this erases everything but for the Iphone I now know that it makes a regular backup so when I was complete I had everything back to normal.  I was so relieved.  I need to research WHY this happens but for the moment I am glad that my Iphone is back in action.

No comments: