Friday 9 January 2009

Runkeeper - IPhone Application

I installed RunKeeper on my IPhone recently and below is a personal review of how I have fared with it so far.

First and foremost it has an easy to use screen with large  buttons for Start/Pause and Resume.  This is useful when you are all thumbs when running and just want to prod it and keep your activity going.

Starting off it can be  little slow in determining your GPS location and in one run it kept my previous location and I was not sure if the data was accurate. You can play your music while it is running while still retaining the RunKeeper interface which is a must have for me. 

It would be nice to be able to lock the buttons to avoid accidentally touching them and stopping it - this happened to me a couple of times. 

I  use it on my IPhone and I need to get an arm holder at some stage for it as it jiggled around in my jacket pocket when I was running which was mildly annoying.

It was easy to register on http://www.runkeeper.com a site that allows you to post (from the Ipod/IPhone) your routes and share them with others if you wish. There is a settings button that allows you set the GPS strength and your activty type.  This information is added when you upload to the
the web site.

I have only done a handful of runs with it to date but it has potential for me and is free which is great.  It has stopped me paying for a Nike+ type gizmo (it isn't compatible with the Iphone anyway) or buying an all singing dancing GPS watch.

No comments: