Monday 23 February 2009

AutoHotKey for Twitter

I have started using Twitter in the past few weeks and like what I see so far.  I use it mostly on my IPhone using Tweetie  (see Tweetie review) and Tweetdeck when I am on my laptop at home.  In the office I use the web version but I use Twitter mostly as a social and learning tool in the evenings .  This article is not about either as the blogosphere is full of articles about Twitter at the moment I and I am not going to crowd it further.

This is about my ongoing love of the AutoHotKey (www.autohotkey.com) tool which I use primarily for shortcuts and spelling corrections when I type quickly.  For twitter I created one which does this

::rthanks::Hi Thanks for following me I appreciate it. I have decided to follow you as well.  Happy Tweeting !!

I know you can set up autofollow messages but I do not do this with this account at least so I use the above for a quick answer tool. So I just type rthanksand the text expands to the text following. Cool.  Try it.  I have used the entire list of Wikipedia misspellings in an autohotkey script to correct hundreds of  misspellings and expanded it to add more like below which I also regularly mistype.

::mometn  ::moment
::mometn::moment
::pleae::please
::Desing::Design
::sued::used
::hth::hope this helps

hope this helps for the moment !!


No comments: